Saturday 7 July 2012

Cover Love: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Hi guys, so I've been keeping an eye on Marissa Meyer ever since the release of CINDER which seemed to be a huge hit with most people. I noticed that the cover for book 2 SCARLET, has been unveiled. Naturally I had to check it out. So here it is...SCARLET by MARISSA MEYER, book 2 in the Lunar Chronicles.


Blurb from Goodreads:
This book will feature Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood and will take place in France.
"Book two, Scarlet, is based on Little Red Riding Hood. It continues Cinder’s story as she attempts to escape Queen Levana’s vengeance and learn more about her past. The story also introduces readers to Scarlet, a girl living in southern France whose grandmother has mysteriously disappeared. In order to find her, Scarlet seeks the help of Wolf, a street fighter with more than a few mysteries of his own."

The blurb sounds really great...I adore my childhood fairytales and re-telling them is an art. Red Riding Hood's storys sounds like it's going to be fab!!I absolutely LOVE this cover. It's gorgeous isn't it!!! I love the colours and the font for Scarlet is very cool :) I love me a good fairytale re-telling and although I'm still waiting to read Cinder (but I have heard great things) I will definitely be getting my hands on a copy of SCARLET when it's released in early 2013. I know it's a long wait but hopefully it will all be worth it :)


Looking at these two covers side by side you can see a definite resemblance, both in colour and theme. They both feature the most prominent...or famous...part of their fairytale characters, the Glass Slipper for Cinderella in CINDER and Little Red Riding Hood's...erm...red hood. Anyway, I think the cover for SCARLET fits really well and I can't wait to see it on the physical copy of the book :)
For those who can't wait, a sneak peak at chapters 1 and 2 are available online at the links below. Hope you have all had a good week and are enjoying the weekend!!


Enjoy!!


1 comment:

iLuvReadingTooMuch said...

I'm loving Scarlet's cover. I absolutely loved Cinder, so I can't wait for this one! Thanks for sharing and I'm a new follower :)

Rabiah
Confessions of a Readaholic

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...