This week brings a series I've loved for ages but have recently had some mixed feelings about...hopefully DARK STORM will get us back on top form :)
Title: Dark Storm
Author: Christine Feehan
Publisher: Piatkus (UK) | Berkley (US)
Release Date: 2nd October 2012
Series: Dark Series, book 23
Blurb from Goodreads
Return to the seductive world of Christine Feehan's New York Times bestselling Carpathian novels as roiling passions collide in a perfect storm of dangerous desire that only a precious few can hope to outrun . . .
Awakening after all this time in a world of absolute darkness and oppressive heat, Dax wonders in how many ways the world above must have changed. But it is how he has changed that fills him with dread and loathing. Buried alive for hundreds of years in a volcano in the Carpathian Mountains, Dax fears that he has become the full-fledged abomination that every Carpathian male fears, a victim of the insidious evil that has crept relentlessly into his mind and body over the centuries. But there are some things that never change.
His name is Mitro, the vampire Dax had hunted all these long centuries. Second in command to the prince of the Carpathian people he is the epitome of everything malevolent, and perpetrator of one of the most shocking killing sprees known to man - and beast. Even his friends and family weren't safe from Mitro's bloodlust. Neither was Mitro's lifemate, Arabejila, an extraordinary woman with extraordinary gifts. But now that Dax has re-emerged, so too has Mitro. The ultimate battle between good and evil has been re-engaged. Between Dax and Mitro, a violent game has begun - one that has marked Riley Parker, the last descendent of Arabejila, as the reward.
Why am I waiting on it?
1. It's Christine Feehan - and while I've not loved some of the later books in the Dark Series (with the exception of Dark Slayer) I still believe she is an amazing author so I am hoping that we can return to the prime of this series i.e. Dark Slayer, Dark Celebration, Dark Gold. I've read this series over the last 5-6 years or so and I won't be putting it down for a while longer.
2. The blurb - ooooh! It sounds like a new-ish concept for this series...although kind of similar to the story of Lucian and Gabriel. Hopefully it will actually be as good as it sounds, plus I always like the addition of new Carpathians.
3. The other characters in the series - I'm fairly sure there are still several pregnant lifemates so I hope we get to find out how they are all doing and see if any new Carpathians have been brought into the world. I also want to find out where Skyler and Dimitri are at, fans of the series will know what I mean when I say I'm still on edge waiting for their book :) Maybe we'll get one step closer with DARK STORM!
4. How many people can make a series successful for 23 books!! I mean it's not just any author who can do that. I can only think of Laurell K Hamilton and Sherrilyn Kenyon who have a series of similar length!
5. It's out soon! What more can I say :)
Let me know about what you are waiting on! See you soon :)