Friday, 4 January 2013
Q: WHAT NEW YEARS BLOGGING OR WRITING RESOLUTION HAVE YOU PLACED ON YOURSELF?
Ahh, good question I have a number of them actually so let me lay them out for you.
1) Last year I vowed to blog more...which I did :) This year, I hope to beat last years post count! So resolution 1 is a generic 'Do More Blogging' resolution.
2) Leave NetGalley ALONE! - Not because I don't like it...I adore NetGalley...but I like it too much. I now have a backlog of reviews to do just from the NetGalley books I signed up for :s Therefore, new years resolution number 2 is to not request anything else from NetGalley until I've made my way through the reviews I still have to do!
3) Do work - This one isn't exactly related to blogging but is writing related. I'm currently in the final year of my Nursing degree (woop!) and have a small mountain of work to do in order to get everything finished and achieve my aim of a 2:1 classification. This includes a dissertation ..which I'm very good at avoiding by say, reading, or blogging. So in a round-about way resolution 3 is contrary to resolution 1. Stop using reading/blogging as an excuse not to do university work.
Ok, so there you have it. My resolutions :) Anyone got anything similar to me? Let me know and I'll get back to you :) OH, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thursday, 3 January 2013
HI! I'm doing another Waiting on Wednesday today because I'm completely in love with this series and this novella will be the next instalment (to my knowledge anyway). It sounds so good, and I haven't really read a good m/m book in such a long time, and with Lover at Last by J.R. Ward coming out next year I'm hoping the next 12 months will be bringing much joy to my bookshelf!
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Publisher: Piatkus (UK) | Grand Central Publishing (US)
Release Date: ? 15th January 2013
Series: The League series, book 6
SPOILER ALERT If you haven’t read Born of Silence, there are spoilers contained below.
One of the fiercest soldiers the Phrixians have ever produced, Maris Sulle has been an outsider the whole of his life. He grew up with a secret that cost him everything- His birthright, his family and his military career. In all his life, he’s only had one love and he has sacrificed his own happiness to see his best friend reunited with the woman he loves. But now that his good deed is done, he feels lost and adrift. Even though they do their best to include him in their new family, he’s once again on the outside looking in.
Ture has spent his life hiding from everyone around him while trying desperately to fit in. His family, the world, you name it. Badly hurt by everyone he’s ever known, he trusts no one except his own best friend. And honestly, he can’t understand why he trusts her. Nor can he believe her when she describes a loyalty between friends the likes of which he’s never seen.
But when he is in his darkest hour, he’s saved by a hero he thought only existed in novels. A man who is every bit as scarred and mistrusting as he is. One who has no interest in being dragged into another relationship with anyone.
Having spent his life as a living study of doomed relationships, Maris is well aware of the courtship and fiasco that invariably follows. Still, there is something about Ture he can’t resist. Something that won’t let him walk away when he knows he should.
But when old enemies return to threaten them both, they either have to stand together or die alone.
Why am I waiting on it?
1) MARIS, MARIS, MARIS! - He's a heart-stoppingly gorgeous Phrixian warrior, who hides really well that he can kick major butt under a layer of humour and light hearted banter. Loyal to his very core, Maris is my ideal man...if only he didn't bat for the other team :(
2) ...Darling? - As we all know, Darling isn't gay and is now happily married to Zarya but Maris still loves him. I foresee a lot of Darling in this book basically because these two are closer than brothers and I hope my prediction is true because daym that man is fine ;)
3) Ture - I know next to nothing about Ture, other than he's gay and Zarya's best friend. Everything else has come from Sherrilyn's website and the blurb for Cloak and Silence. I love meeting new characters, and to capture our beloved Maris' heart...Ture must be quite something.
4) M/M - This really isn't my genre. I have limited experience reading M/M stuff...the closest I've come in the past 3 years is in Jenna Black's Morgan Kingsley series and the relationship between Dominic and Adam. But 2013 seems to be the year for M/M because not only do we have Cloak and Silence being released but LOVER AT LAST by J.R. Ward as well!
5) It's written by Sherrilyn Kenyon - and at this point, Sherrilyn could write an essay on paint drying techniques and I'd read it. She's just that good :)